Sunday, July 31, 2011

In My Mailbox...#1

Hey everyone! Well, I don't usually participate in this meme, because I normally only get my books from the library (woo hoo), but this week was different. The Borders close to my house is going out of business (like ever other one in the country...*cries*) and I was dying to go. So finally I went the other day. And there were about 5 billion people shopping with me. I don't usually find much in Borders, but I was looking for a specific book. Mockingjay. The third book in the Hunger Games series. I had held it at the library, but I wasn't going to get it for at least another week or two. And I'm not a very patient person. At all. I scoured the shelves. They had the Hunger Games. They had Catching Fire. But no Mockingjay. I had given up all hope when I finally found the very last freaking copy in the whole store. Yeah, I'm still pretty proud of myself. =)

Squeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

And I found Halo as I was walking in. It was only like $5. And I'm wondering why. I've heard good things about this book...but I got home and tried to find some reviews for it, and all I can find is people complaining about how aweful it is. Is it really that bad? Hm. I'll have to see. Anyways, it was written by an 18 year old, so I'm eager to see how she did. =)

And that's all. What did you get in your mailbox this week???

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!