Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like MORE/LESS Than I Did

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
(Most of these are ones I liked less than I thought I would, but that might be because I normally go into books with high expectations. Thus it’s far easier to disappoint me than to dazzle me. J)
1) Timeless by Alexandra Monir. Thought I’d like it because of the time travel aspect, but turned it out to be somewhat of a dud.
2) The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland. Went into it expecting something a little less cliché and predictable than it actually was.
3) The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. I cannot get into these books for the life of me. I have tried and failed. I just can’t.
4) Gathering Blue/ The Messenger by Lois Lowry. After reading The Giver, I expected to enjoy the prequel/sequel, but there’s a reason why these two aren’t as popular as the original book.
5) Love’s Pursuit by Siri Mitchell. Absolutely fell in love with the dramatic emotion of this love story. Not a huge fan of Puritan historical fiction, but I ended up liking it.
6) Christy and Todd: College Years by Robin Jones Gunn. Just not as good as the original Christy Miller series.
7) The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. After you’ve seen the magnificence of the 2004 film adoption with Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum, everything else is going to disappoint.
8) The Education of Bet by Lauren Baratz-Logsted. Randomly picked this one up at the library during one of my summers volunteering there (*sigh* Those were the days…) and really enjoyed it.
9) Elixir by Hilary Duff. Didn’t expect to like something that Hilary Duff wrote, but I devoured Elixir. Sadly, the sequel fell short.
10) Incarceron by Catherine Fisher. I believe this one was recommended by a friend, and it’s still probably one of my favorite books ever.
I’d love to see your Top Ten! Leave a comment or link below, please and thank you.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!