Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Ladies and Gents, I give you: a glimpse inside my pre-blogger life. *applauds*
{Disclaimer: please excuse my apparent obsession with historical books as demonstrated by this list. I was a homeschooled middle-schooler using Sonlight curriculum at the time. Sonlight makes history awesome. Also, this was before my blogger days, i.e. I was not yet submerged into the knowledge of “The Amazing World of YA Books and Other Incredible Things.” <-- Using capital letters like John Green, oh yeah!}
*cough* Ok, on with the list.
1) The Squires Tales by Gerald Morris. A humorous version of King Arthur.
2) The Ramsey Scallop (and the Beduins Gazelle) by France Temple. Temple takes “insignificant” times in history and makes them intriguing.
3) The Giver by Lois Lowry. This book is to blame for my love of dystopians.
4) The Christy Miller series by Robin Jones Gunn. The perfect book series for a pre-teen girl.
5) The Flames of Rome by Paul L. Maier. A thick, intense read about the Christians’ persecution.
6) The Carter House Girls by Melody Carlson. I pretty much read anything this woman wrote.
7) Tracie Peterson. I won’t even bother listing titles; I devoured almost everything she ever published (but as a reference, The Broadmoor Legacy is the best).
8) It’s All About Us series by Shelley Adina. Don’t let the title fool you- this series is clean Christian fiction (my favorite title: Be Strong and Curvaceous). Their doppelgänger series is The Carter House Girls.
9) Julie Klassen’s books. All of them. She’s still one of my favorite historical authors of all time.
10) Patchwork Circle Series by Judith Pella. Three sisters vie for the attention of the new handsome preacher. Yum.  
As always, leave a link or comment below with your top ten! Happy reading.

3 comments :

  1. The Giver sounds so good but I haven't read it yet!

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice list! I haven't read any of these but have def. heard of them :)


    new follower!
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-4-top-ten-books-i-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of The Giver too. Awesome list :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!