Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Top Ten Books At The Top Of My Summer TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
1) Parallel by Lauren Miller. I’ve seriously heard sooo much about this book, and I’m dying to read it. I would have already if it weren’t for a pile of stinking ARCs I’m trying to plow through.
2) Shut Out by Kody Keplinger. Half the reason I’m interested in this is because the author is like, my age. Or close to it. And that’s so, so rare. I really enjoy teen authors and find inspiration and motivation in the fact that people my age do actually publish books.
3) Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I bought this a few months back and really want to have it sitting proudly on my shelf instead of on the bedroom floor in my ever-growing TBR pile.
4) Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz and Ron Bass. I was instantly intrigued by this book and bought it at the beach a couple months ago. I plan to get it read sometime soon. Emphasis on “plan.”
5) The Program by Suzanne Young. I’ve actually already started this one. But I thought I’d add it to the list because I definitely *will* be finishing it this summer, meaning I will be reading at least one book on this list this summer. Ha.
6) Viral Nation by Shaunta Grimes. I’m really interested in reading a book with an autistic protagonist because I’m curious as to how Shaunta wrote this. And the dystopian aspect interested me, as well (duh).
7) Sirens by Janet Fox. I guess you could say I’ve got ’20 fever. And I haven’t even seen The Great Gatsby yet.
8) Wither by Lauren DeStefano. It seems like everyone and his brother has read this series, and I’m just at that point where I’m like: “It’s about time, Shelby. It’s really just about time.”
9) City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Getting it at the library NOW before the movie comes out. Translation: not having to be put on a waiting list 500 people long.
10) Undeniably Yours by Becky Wade. What is summer for if not for reading cutesy romance novels?!
Share your Top Ten in the comments below!

3 comments :

  1. I really really enjoyed The Program, so I look forward to reading your review and seeing what you think of it! I have only heard awesome things from Parallel as well.

    Our TTT

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will be better if you read CoB before the movie comes out. Some things will probably not make it, like the cats. I cannot believe they didn't include the cats in the movie (you'll get this when you read it).
    I really wanted to read Delirium, but then a bunch of people told me the last book is a big disappointment and I shouldn't. Now I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see pics of your TBR piles and bookshelves! Mine aren't very impressive since I don't own many books (surprising, right?) but it seems like you own a bunch of books!

    I wasn't entirely impressed with Delirium, but I tend to not really like the current YA dystopian novels :( Shame. I liked Wither more than that though. I love City of Bones and you really really should invest in buying that if it doesn't come in before the movie releases! I have not heard of the other books on your list...Actually, I have heard of The Program. Just haven't read it.
    ~Holly

    My TTT list: http://hollysreadinghollow.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-5-top-of-my-summer.html

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!