Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Top Ten Reasons I Love Being a Book Blogger

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish

1) Getting to share my opinion with YOU! I love hearing others’ thoughts on books they’ve read, and giving my input as well!
2) Growing to love books through other people. There are several people I’ve met through blogging whose opinions on books are so impeccable, that I’ll literally read anything they suggest.  
3) Makin’ new friends. =) I’m really bad at connect with people online, but I’m working on it.  
4) Expanding my reading horizons. Reading things I normally wouldn’t read, and loving it!
5) Having a reason to be super analytical/critical when reading. I think as I’ve blogged, I’ve become more critical about what I read…which, I think, is a good thing.
6) Getting inspired by authors and fellow writers. You don’t have to be a blogger to get inspired, but over the years, I’ve heard tons of good advice that’s helped me in my own writing pursuits!
7) Picking out blog templates. That’s half the fun, right?
8) Having an excuse to spend an appalling amount of money on books. Not joking. I legitimately use this as an excuse. It’s downright shameful.
9) The free books. I’m not gonna lie and say I don’t like this part of the business. I’m not blogging BECAUSE of the free books, but it is a nice added bonus.

10) Honing writing skills by writing reviews. You don’t get better until you practice, practice practice…. and practice some more. 

1 comment :

  1. Agree with everything on your list. At this point, I can't turn my "reviewer brain" off if I tried. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to receive feedback from my readers! Please feel free to comment on any post with your thoughts.

P.S.- Gobs and Gobs of Books is an award-free blog, and as honored as I am to receive awards from awesome people like you, please know that if you nominate this blog I will not pass on the award. Thanks anyway!